Everyone knows that if they own an aircon, they need to clean and maintain it regularly so that they can prevent bigger aircon problems from arising. To prolong the life of your aircon and save money in the long run, you must regularly clean and maintain it.
When it comes to aircon cleaning and maintenance, you come across several options. One such option is the aircon chemical wash. In this article, we will describe in detail why the chemical washing of the aircon is important, and the exact steps that are part of the chemical washing process. We will also discuss the signals that indicate that you should get your aircon chemically washed.
Importance Of Aircon Chemical Wash
An aircon is bound to get all sorts of dirt and debris in its different parts during its functioning. This dirt can cause blockages and clogs in the aircon that can then affect its cooling. If these blockages are not removed, and they continue to build up, it can even make your aircon break down.
In the tropical environment of Singapore, there is even the possibility of mould, mildew, and bacteria growing in the cooling unit. These bacteria and mould spores can flow inside the rooms through the aircon. These germs can be a health hazard, especially for people with respiratory problems and allergies, children, elderly, and people with a compromised immune system.
Ridding your aircon of all such germs and dirt is, therefore, very important to ensure the health of everyone as well as the aircon’s long life. However, while regular servicing can help in keeping such problems at bay, there are still certain problems which cannot be fixed with normal servicing. This is where a chemical wash comes in. It helps to thoroughly clean and maintain the aircon, so it becomes as good as new and works at its optimum level.
Since an aircon chemical wash is a detailed and technical process, you will not be able to carry out on your own. You will have to hire a professional company that will carry out the job in the best possible and efficient manner.
What Are The Steps Of Aircon Chemical Wash
When a professional carries out chemical washing of your aircon, he not only cleans the unit thoroughly but, also inspects every part to ensure that everything is working normally. If he notices a problem, he can repair or fix it so that it does aggravate further. Some of the things that you can expect from an aircon chemical wash are listed below:
- The first step that the technician will do is to dismantle the inner and outer units along with disassembling most of its parts so that every part can be cleaned thoroughly.
- Using specialized and high-quality chemicals, the technician will wash the air filters, evaporator coils, condenser coils, blowers, fans, and other parts. The chemical ensures that even the most stubborn grime and dirt is removed from all the parts.
- Next, he will clean the overflow pan and drainage unit so that any kind of blockage can be cleared. He will also vacuum the complete drain line to ensure a steady flow of water.
- Next, the technician will check the compressor suction, discharge pressure, and the motor of the fan to ensure their proper working.
- The technician will also inspect the refrigerant/ coolant levels and refill them if they are less.
- He will also look out for any leakage in the units and fix them if there are any.
- Then he will check all the electrical connections and contacts so that if there is any loose wire, he can fix it there and then.
- He will then clean the front cover, panels, and the air filter thoroughly.
- In the later steps, the fan coil unit is dismantled and checked for its efficient working.
- Next, he will lubricate all the mechanical contacts, connections, and components before putting everything back together.
- The technician will then assemble all parts and finally install the indoor and outdoor units properly.
- Once he has assembled and installed everything, the technician will turn on the aircon and check its performance for some time to ensure that there is no problem.
How Do You Know That Your Aircon Needs A Chemical Wash?
When you use your aircon, there could be some indicators that you should be on the lookout for through which you can know that your aircon needs a chemical wash. Some of these signs and indicators are listed below:
- The aircon takes a much longer time to cool the same area which it used to cool in a lesser time before.
- Your aircon makes more noise than usual, especially in the few minutes when it turns on.
- You notice a four odour or an unpleasant smell coming from the aircon when it is working which did not exist before.
- If your aircon starts to leak water or liquid from any of its parts, it may require a chemical wash.
- If you have been getting increased electricity bills in the distant past, it may indicate that your aircon is working harder than usual. Thus, it needs a chemical wash to continue to work at its optimal level.
Benefits Of Aircon Chemical Wash
When you chemically wash your aircon, you will achieve several benefits, some of which are listed below:
- One of the most important benefits of a chemical wash is that your aircon will be able to produce better-quality air. Since a chemical wash will remove all dirt, grime, fungus, and bacteria from the cooling unit, the resulting air will be of much higher quality, that will be safe and healthy for everyone.
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of any electronic device ensure a longer lifespan for it. The same is the case for an aircon. Regular chemical washing of the aircon ensures that it will continue to run with its maximum efficiency for a much longer time without breaking down any time soon.
- A chemical wash can improve the aircon’s performance significantly due to cleaner components, well-lubricated components, and fully functioning parts.
- When your aircon has a lot of grime and debris buildup in its parts, it will have to work much harder and consume more energy than usual. This overwork will result in increased electricity bills. Regular chemical washing of the aircon will enable it to perform smoothly by consuming less energy and hence, will bring back your electricity bills to the usual level.
- When all the components of the aircon are thoroughly cleaned and washed during a chemical wash, it will remove all sorts of unpleasant smells of fungus and mould from the air that blows indoors.
- If the dirt buildup in the aircon units is not cleaned and removed regularly, it can cause the evaporator and condenser coils to freeze over. This freezing will not only result in water dripping from the aircon units but will also negatively affect its functioning. A chemical wash cleans all units thoroughly and thus, prevents the coils from freezing over.
- A chemical wash can point out any possible problems which might have gone unnoticed otherwise. Therefore, you can fix those issues before they turn into bigger ones.
- During a chemical wash, the technician can inspect for coolant leakage and, if it is reduced, he can fill them to ensure increased aircon performance.
- In the long term, you save a lot of money by getting your aircon chemically washed at the right time. So many problems may become evident during the washing problems that, if left untreated, could have cost you a lot at a later time. So by spending less at that time, you save potentially a lot that you might have had to spend in the future.
Professional Aircon Chemical Wash
If you want to chemically wash your aircon, you must choose professional services for this job. The selection of professionals will ensure that they deeply cleanse your aircon and fix all apparent problems.
LK Brothers is a professional aircon servicing and repair company that employs highly skilled and qualified technicians who have years of experience of working in this field. Through their expertise and skills, they will be able to carry out the chemical wash process most efficiently and professionally. You can rest assured that your aircon will be able to function at a much better performance once the technicians complete the chemical wash.