Cleaning and maintenance of your aircon are highly important if you want it to continue working with the same efficiency and prevent it from getting various problems. When it comes to the maintenance of an aircon, there are many different options available. You can opt for aircon servicing, aircon chemical cleaning, and aircon chemical overhaul.
In this article, we will discuss what exactly does it mean when you say that you want to get your aircon chemically overhauled. We will also list the various pros and cons of aircon chemical overhaul, its importance, and difference with other types of aircon cleaning procedures.
Why Is Chemical Overhauling Of Aircons Important?
Chemical Overhaul is a thorough cleaning, maintenance, and repair procedure that you carry out if you suspect some problem or reduced performance in the aircon. There are some prominent reasons why you should chemically overhaul your aircon if you notice any issue, some of these are listed below:
- The most significant factor that makes chemical overhaul necessary for an aircon is that it is a thorough and deep cleansing and inspecting procedure. Through this procedure, you can be sure that your aircon is functioning at the optimum level.
- The whole process uses high-quality chemicals and solutions that ensure thorough cleaning of every part of the aircon.
- All the dirt and debris that might have accumulated in the fan evaporator coil is completely removed during a chemical overhaul which results in better dissipation of heat and better performance.
- A chemical overhaul helps in prolonging the lifespan of the aircon by preventing probable faults.
How Is Chemical Overhaul Different From Chemical Washing
Aircon chemical overhaul differs from chemical washing in that the former is much more thorough and time-consuming as compared to the latter. Usually, you carry out chemical overhauling if one notices some problem with the aircon and, thus, it results in some repairing or part replacement during the process. Chemical washing is usually done more frequently as compared to chemical overhauling.
The Pros And Cons Of Chemical Overhauling
When you want to chemically overhaul your aircon, you may want to consider its pros and cons that are described below:
- Aircon chemical overhaul thoroughly cleans the unit, which results in better quality fresh air to be blown inside. All kinds of mould, mildew, and fungus are removed during the process to ensure a spore-free and germ-free air. This process helps promote better health for everyone, especially for people prone to allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues.
- A chemical overhaul can determine even the smallest problems in the aircon functionality, thus, allowing you to repair and fix every problem. This timely fixing of faults helps in improving the performance and life of the aircon.
- An aircon chemical overhaul helps to reduce your energy consumption and the electricity bills. Since a chemical overhaul can effectively maintain the aircon units and check all the moving parts of the aircon, this will result in smoother operation of the system. The aircon will not have to work harder to maintain its performance which will then translate into controlled electricity bills.
- The chemical overhaul also helps to cool the area much faster. This increased efficiency is because every part of the system works at its optimum level, which increases the aircon’s efficiency.
- A chemical overhaul makes the aircon system almost new, which, in turn, helps to prevent overheating and reduces the condensation rate. This lower condensation rate improves the aircon’s performance and efficiency.
Although there are many advantages of aircon chemical overhaul, there are certain disadvantages that you should know about before making any decision.
- One of the negatives associated with chemical overhauling is that the whole process is a lengthy one. This process includes the complete dismantling of the unit and then disassembling all the main parts of the aircon. It is a time-consuming procedure that requires a lot of effort.
- Another downside to chemical overhauling is that it uses strong chemicals for cleaning and maintaining purposes. Some people might develop allergies or a reaction to these chemicals that can cause them respiratory problems and skin issues. You may have to move out of your residence for the time till the remains of the chemical fumes remain.
- Chemical overhauling is a specialized process which means that it is quite expensive as compared to regular maintenance and servicing of aircons. You have to weigh the cost of a chemical overhaul with the benefits that it offers.
- The process of a chemical overhaul is a technical one that requires skilled and qualified technicians. They have to be skilled enough to handle the chemicals and dispose of them off without it being a hazard for anyone.
The Complete Procedure Of Aircon Chemical Overhaul
When you want to chemically overhaul your aircon, you will have to contact a skilled technician or company who will carry out the process from scratch to finish. The overall procedure of a chemical overhaul is discussed below:
- The first step in a chemical overhaul is to dismantle the wall from the wall. But before dismantling, the technician will pump the refrigerant gas into the condensing unit and secure the service valve so that the gas will not escape during the cleaning process.
- The technician will then disconnect the electric wiring and connections of the drain pipe from the fan coil unit.
- Once he has disconnected all the connections, he will dismantle the fan coil unit from the wall.
- The next step is to dismantle all the remaining parts of the aircon. This dismantling includes the electrical circuit board, evaporator coil, fan motor, blower, and the drain pan.
- Next, the technician will brush off the electrical board and fan motor to clean it properly. He will also inspect the electrical board to look for any kinds of short circuits or burnt parts.
- The next step is to wash some parts of the aircon by using specialized chemicals. The technician will use an alkaline chemical to handle the corrosion. He will also use this chemical to wash the fan coil cover, blower, and body along with the drain pan and the evaporator coils.
- The process of chemical washing involves flushing all the washable parts with water after which the chemical is poured on to them. This chemical will create a reaction with which all kinds of trapped dirt and grime will become loose and wash off easily after a few minutes. The technician will leave the chemical on the parts for some time, so even the stubborn stains and dirt particles can get dissolved.
- Once all the dirt has been removed, the technician will wash all those parts with water so that the chemical solution can be washed off completely.
- During the time that the parts were submerged in the water and chemical solution, the technician will clear the drain pipe by using a vacuum or flushing device. Similarly, he will also vacuum the refrigerant piping system so all kinds of dust and particles can be removed.
- Once all the washed parts have dried, it will be time to re-assemble all components of the fan coil unit. He will then install the fan coil unit back to the wall.
- The technician will check for any leakage, especially at the fan coil flaring joint.
- He will then reconnect all the electrical wires and connections.
- The aircon will then be turned on and test run to see if everything is working correctly. The technician will look for any leakage, foul smell, or any unusual noise. If everything works well, the technician’s job is over.
Professional Help For Aircon Chemical Overhaul
Many of the aircon chemical overhaulings that are done are usually after users notice some kind of problem with the unit such as decreased cooling capacity, an odd smell coming out of the unit, aircon making more noise than usual, or some other issue. However, if you want your aircon to keep working at its peak level all year round, you should consider chemical overhauling at least once a year. For this purpose, you should always seek the services of skilled and qualified professionals so you can be assured that your aircon will be able to continue its high performance.
LK Brothers is a professional company that excels in providing high-quality aircon servicing, chemical washing, chemical overhauling, and repair services to its customers. The highly skilled technicians utilize their expertise to provide consumers with the best possible services.