Aircon Installation Service in Singapore
LK Brothers Aircon is a professional aircon installation company that operates in Singapore for more than 10 years. For the past decade, we have served hundreds of customers and have accumulated a vast knowledge of aircon installation works and a loyal pool of returning customers.
Be it commercial, residential or HDB, we have completed many different kinds of installation services, as well as the various models of air-conditioners from the top brands in the world, including Daikin, Mitsubishi, and LG.
When it comes to a smooth aircon installation experience, having the right company install for you can save you time, energy and costs from faulty pipe install to bad insulation. Well-installed air-conditioning systems cools your room faster, save you cost over time (due to better efficiency), and preserving the lifespan of your investment.
Factors to Consider For Aircon Installation
It can be tricky when it comes to selecting the right experts for your aircon installation. We advise customers to do their due diligence and research before engaging in any aircon installation projects.
Below are a few important factors to consider when you decide to embark on an aircon installation project:
1. Types of Aircon
- The first obvious factor in the cost for your aircon installation project is the type of aircon. If you are getting a commercial, high powered aircon unit, be prepared to pay more for it compared to a smaller powered, home used type of aircon. There are several types of aircon to consider:
- Normal room aircon: A very affordable and popular option is to get this type of aircon, its lifespan being generally around 10-15 years. It is recommended that you do aircon servicing for those units regularly.
Aircon Brands We Provide For Installation
- Central aircon: Central aircon are commonly used in commercial buildings, and are usually high capacity type of aircon. They have a lifespan of around 15-20 years.
- Evaporative cooler: Such cooler is a good option for homeowners living in a relatively dry area. It gives off water vapor, adding humidity in the air, unlike regular aircon. Its lifespan is around 15-20 years, and usually, require a more frequent aircon maintenance.
- Ductless mini-split aircon: This type of aircon is the most common type of aircon found in Singapore homes. They have a lifespan of about 15-20 years and its compressors are located outside of the unit.
2. Power Consumption
Air-conditioners are well-known for their huge power consumption. While it can be costly, choosing the right aircon that is suited for the size of your room and energy efficient can provide significant savings long-term.
Talk to us today for more advice on the types of air-con units for your home project.
3. Size and Location
It goes without saying that the bigger rooms require more power to cool it down. Sizes of the aircon and types of aircon used in a particular size and location will definitely affect the costs.
An aircon’s cooling capacity is determined by a standard British Thermal Unit (BTU) rating. The number of BTUs needed for a certain room is calculated by multiplying the square foot of the room by 35. As such, an area of around 150 in square feet needs 5,000 BTUs during aircon installation.
Warmer areas of a house, such as those facing an afternoon sun, will require more power and hence more cost to cool the area.
Common Mistakes During Aircon Installations
When it comes to installing an aircon, we can see many customers repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Below are a few of the examples:
1. Choosing the wrong type/size of aircon
- When there is a mismatch of aircon power and the room size or conditions, it can result in the room being unable to cool down or cooling the room too much. Power consumption is usually more than the efficient level.
2. Failing to install securely
Both the supporting wall and the air-conditioning systems should have the fundamental support to ensure the unit is safely secured.
3. Improper Insulation
- Without a proper insulation, the aircon unit will be consuming more power to cool areas which has been heated up due to bad insulation. Typically, window aircon systems require insulation foams to be filled to cover the open spaces beside it, whereas for ductless mini-split air conditioners, adequately sized ducts should be installed depending on the load circulation.
Leakages can occur in some parts of the aircon system. Though your unit may be new, it is important to check for any refrigerant leak, and if yes, engage a gas top up service as soon as possible.
LK Brothers Aircon Installation Service
At LK Brothers, we have over 10 years of experience as a reputable aircon installer, ranging from residential to commercial types of projects.
With hundreds of good ratings and a good customer base, LK Brothers have firmly secure itself as one of the leading aircon experts in Singapore, providing a full-fledge of of aircon services.
Feel free to check out the prices of our other aircon services.